Friday, August 16, 2013

Late post...or early...

With just three more days to go before school starts, the late nights at my house should be wrapping up.  But no, they are intensifying!  I guess they're having the "last hurrah" because my son and my nephew were still awake when I finally fell asleep at around 3a.  I woke up a few times to post, but quickly became drowsy again, so this is last night's post...or tonight's if I repeat this behavior.

I'm very excited to get a decorating job, just when I needed it the most.  I am working on a "Champion" theme, so I'm thinking ancient Olympians...something like that.  Gotta keep it retro!  I know that overreaches by a few centuries millenia. Of course this kept me up half the night...what are the possibilities?  I want this to be super cool, unexpected, and cheap.  I think I can do it, but honestly, right now the ideas are  not coming together.  Combine this rush job with a birthday party this weekend, and a show on Sunday, and I am spending more time stressing about everything than getting anything done.  I did get through the pile of vintage clothing that I acquired earlier in the week.  It will be ready and up for sale at the Vintage Garage Chicago on Sunday.  Really, I have some amazing pieces for the size 12 and under set--in other words, not me.





And in keeping with the 80's theme, I'll have some cool retro costume jewelry and accessories as well.

This is so much fun, but the prep, packing and set up is a killer.  Thank God for a few troopers that I can always count on--my sister, my daughter and my niece.  My son is the banker and I actually trust him with the numbers!

Now, I have to get going.  I'm hoping to get some pictures of a church demolition today.  The entire back of the building is gone and the inside is beautiful.  To see that, surrounded by ruin, is quite an anomaly.  I hope to capture it on film memory card today, and share it with you tonight!  TTFN!

No comments: