Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter Do-Over.

This was my Easter outfit.  It's a far cry from what I  thought I was going to wear, but the sunny yellow dress I was saving (for months) and looking forward to wearing, just didn't live up to the hype.  I found this dress in my closet and went with it.  I bought this (RETAIL!) a few years ago for my son's 8th grade graduation.  I still like it a lot.  The sweater is from some thrift haul some time ago (it's really starting to blurrrrr....) and the purse, likewise.  You may remember these shoes from last year.  I've worn them more times than I ever expected, partly because of the fact that they're comfortable, and partly because I love the color, but mostly because I love telling the story of how they got to be this fabulous!  The earrings are one of tons of vintage pairs that I own.  The dress fit well and I didn't have any complaints about how I looked in it, so I was happy with my impromptu put-together.

Still, I knew it needed a little oomph!  So right away, I got started on a matching purse.  I'd bought it for this purpose, but put it off with all of the home decorating I have going on.  I totally regretted it, because the do-over is so much better...agree?


I was very impatient and impulsive when I took this picture.  The purse hadn't been "detailed".  You know, fixing all the places where I failed to stay inside the lines.  It's done now, and ready to take outside the house.  

I was wearing the dress while I painted.  Impatient.  Impulsive.  Risky.  Dumb. 

The sweater?  You don't really have to ask, do you?

I was running low on the leather paint, so I added some acrylic craft paint that I had on hand. 

We'll see how it holds up, but it was super spreadable and the job was a quick one. 







Now, the reason that most of you are reading this tonight...I picked the winner the old fashioned way, sort of.  I didn't have a hat handy, but I did have my beloved Catherine Holm enameled pot.  I never, and never will, cook in it.  It is strictly for me to adore.  And pick names out of.  These next pictures are strictly for the purpose of dragging this thing out...







Hey Girl...you know who you are!  You are the big winner of the summertime drink set!  Congrats, and I'll talk to you on my Facebook page.  

And NOW I know how to get you all to read my blog...Give Stuff Away.


No comments: