Thursday, September 26, 2013

Goodbye...for now!




It's been just over a year since I moved into this space.  It was bittersweet, leaving the house I raised my children in, and moving back to the neighborhood I was raised in.  Now, I'm considering another move, for the sake of space and convenience.  Making the trek up three floors several times a day is rough.  The lack of closet space, one bathroom and shortage of bedrooms just isn't working, but I really hate moving so I am taking a lot of time to consider the decision.  The hardest part?  Being afraid that I won't find anything that is as much "me" as this place is.  

I wish that I could keep it as the home of 14th Street Vintage, but that's not possible right now.  I do hold out hope that I may return in a few years, when the kids are out of the house and it's just me.  Then there will be plenty of space for me and all my "projects".  I've fantasized about having the unit directly below me, making this a two-story unit.  Now that would be fine! In the meantime, I have a year's worth of pictures taken mostly in this room.  I'll never forget the warm yellow of the tray ceilings, the dark woodwork, the ample shelving, the floors and those windows.  Someone described them as "sexy".  I'll take that!

It really is an amazing place.  With all that has changed in my life over the past few years, this will always stand out as one of the best changes I made.  It may be short-lived, but I am so glad that I got to live in this gorgeous home.

No comments: