Friday, January 3, 2014

Last Closet Purge of the Year!


Free Clothes.  I have no shame.

Once again, I was at the right place at the right time.  My niece was "purging" her closet...again.  As a member of the Society of Mannequins, she has a reputation to uphold.  I however, do not.  I take my clothes gifted, thrifted and anywhere in between.  This time, she had a fashion student/aspiring stylist in charge of the mass toss-out.  This twenty-something year old had her own ideas on how my niece should dress, and she shamelessly kicked Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and other well and not-so-well knowns to the curb.  Never one to pass up a curbside donation, I skillfully wielded my giant shopping bag, oftentimes catching these ravishing rejects in mid-air.   



I've never worn a peplum before.  Another myth shattered.
It was my favorite freebie of the night.


I tried to "skinnify" this one because the dress
is too big, which I've finally accepted can
make me look bigger.  Still, I love this
dress and will be wearing it--a lot.

There is more to come.  I had to give my daughter, who didn't want to do it anyway was overjoyed to help me, a break from camera duty.  Free stuff, free help. What a concept.




No comments: