Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rainy Day Fun.

Although I was definitely not at my best, I had to go downtown today to take care of some business.  I mean, I HAD to...and that's the only reason I even got out of bed.  Of course, you get up, you get going, you feel better, generally speaking.  So this is how my day went:

I've been wanting to get some pictures of the giant planter heads on Michigan Avenue, and I found myself right in front of one while walking down the street.  With only a cellphone handy, I went for it.  These things are really cool and I hope they stay!  
 She works at Walgreens...Personally I think all the flowers are a bit unsanitary, given that she works in the pharmacy.  Just sayin'...She needs a hair net.  And if anyone vandalizes this thing and the city wakes up to a hair-netted sculpture, I had NOTHING to do with it!

                                                At least with all the rain, they were well watered.


                                I think this one is my favorite.  I call her "Golden Lady".  Clever, huh?


Yes, I was moving that fast!  Not!

So I sat outside Panera and waited for my ride.  While there, eating my yogurt and bothering no one, in comes this little intruder and he stands on my table, just inches from my cup.  What the??

The nerve, seriously.  He was very rude and stayed there for quite a while.  He knows I'm scared of birds I'm sure.  Blame Hitchcock for that one.  

 
Been wanting a picture of the "legs" too.  I finally got it.  My sister hates them.  I think they're amazing! And tall...


And finally, I stopped by my  niece's house but she wasn't home.  (Of course she wasn't...she was at work!)  But since I was there, I let myself in and helped myself to the contents of her refrigerator.  Shrimp, green beans, tilapia and a little bit of chicken salad with grapes.  Yummy!  I snapped a picture and texted it to her, just so she would know how much I enjoyed her home while she was out.  I crack myself up.  I played with the dog, lounged on the couch and watched t.v.  Love my family!

All told, I do feel better today.  I'll see the doctor on Saturday and find out how we're going to proceed with this latest health issue, but if having a little fun is part of my treatment, I should be just fine!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious...keep it up!

Mardine said...

Another good one!

Anonymous said...

I've tried to comment before but just realized I was not moving on as I should. You're an excellent writer; hope you can translate some of this into a profession.