Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:

I was reminded today of a song and dance I loved when I was about five.  It was called "The Boogaloo".  I did my best rendition of it for my daughter.  It's been a few years--cough--50--cough!  Actually, my memory served me well.  Check it out here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xINhBkpFI  Alvin Cash and the Registers.  Hilarious.
Apparently there's a hip hop dance called the Boogaloo.  Do not be deceived.  This is not the real boogaloo.  One day when my knees are being cooperative, and I'm under the influence of something other than good sense, I'll show you!

My daughter had two great interviews today!  She came out smiling and feeling on top of the world.

During the first one, I ducked into Savers to kill some time and found an $8 pair of Doc Martens.

At the second interview they told her she was overqualified...Yay!  I'm overqualified!  You're not going to hire me!  Being facetious, sort of.  She wasn't hired, but the hiring manager promised to find another place within the company for her because she was very impressed her with credentials.  She was so stoked in fact, that she left the office gleefully clutching her portfolio.  Too bad she left her purse!  And with that, we'll usher in---

The Bad:

My daughter left her purse there.  Forty-five minutes from home.  I have to go back tomorrow to get it.

She dropped her i-phone in the bathtub. We didn't have any rice.  She used couscous instead.

I find out at the last minute that my son can't practice cross-country today unless he has a physical.

We go to Walgreens Take Care Clinic.  Nice!  No waiting!  This is supposed to be the bad section, so let me add that they don't take insurance.  20 minutes and $39 later, he's a happy camper, but I'm not because I'm out $39 and there's an iphone soaking in a bowl of couscous back at the house.

While I was waiting at the second interview, I lost a dollar in the vending machine.  Security guard did his best to destroy it (I think he wanted an excuse) but that bag of Smart Pop was still wedged in there when I left.  Right up against the glass. Mocking me.

I went to pick my son up from cross country practice since he had his physical and was able to participate.  After an hour of watching every other kid get off the activity bus and climb into their parents' waiting cars, I decided to go into the school to see what the problem was.  The security guard said that the cross country kids had left an hour ago.  What?? (I'm getting wound up now!) Oh wait...is this Tuesday?  Why was this just now hitting me?  Yesterday was a holiday.  Today is Tuesday.  Dad picks him up on Tuesday. Oops.

No sooner do I pull into the driveway than he's calling me.  He's at home, but since I'm out can I stop by the store to get him something?  Me: I'm here!  Him: Oh, okay.  So can you go to the store?

By the way, the couscous didn't work.  And finally--

The Ugly:

My fan broke.  You know the one I keep on my nightstand?  Yeah, that one.  This is ugly, but it's going to get REAL UGLY before the night is over.




No comments: