Thursday, September 12, 2013

Painted Wallet-DIY Post


This is my favorite wallet.  I have tons of wallets.  They're all empty, but that's beside the point.



It has a lot of marks and stains, so I haven't been using it.  But I still love the style, especially the big button on the front. I couldn't toss it, so I needed to figure out how to make it presentable again.  (What Would Bettie Do?)


Paint it, of course!



 Bright orange or dull gray?  You wouldn't believe this unless you saw it, right?  I opted for the gray!


Well, not entirely.  I was already getting bored looking at it, so I changed my mind.  I went instead with the GIFT BOX BLUE!  That's right, I didn't like either of my original colors, so I went with the same blue I used on a pair of shoes a few months ago:
 http://14thstreetvintage.blogspot.com/2013/06/paintfast-becoming-my-best-friend.html



I went with the gray as an accent color, and also on the inside.  I gave the orange some love too:


I love my new wallet!


No comments: