Monday, September 16, 2013

Kids Are Expensive!

This weather!  It was cool today, but I have to say that I wasn't mad about that.  It was actually comfortable.  I'm still sleeping with the windows open, the fan on and even had the a/c on for awhile.  I felt bad though, with my kids sleeping burrowed under their blankets, so I got up in the middle of the night and turned it off.  Good thing I think, because I'm not feeling great.  A few more hours of excessive cooling and I probably would have been out of commission today.

Yesterday, now that was a chilly day.  Chilly and wet.  I had tickets to a baseball game, but decided to turn over all the tickets to my son who easily found four friends to join him.  I really dodged one with that decision because the game was delayed for four hours due to rain.  I kept texting him, asking what they were doing.  Are they warm?  Are they bored?  Do they have enough money?  This was an important one, because 25 bucks at the game does not go far!  Add to that an extra four hours of idle time, and I'm starting to worry that he has eaten his $25 and now that the game is finally starting, he'll be out of snack money. He apparently figured it out because not only did he have a great time, he brought home $3!

The frugality was fruitless, however, at least for me.  He's now busy shopping online because he "needs new clothes".  Why?  He wears a uniform to school, and he's just coming off of a birthday where he got nothing but money.  He spent every dime and now he's trying to spend more.  That $3 isn't looking so good now...

Kids are expensive.

No comments: