Monday, August 26, 2013

Just Enough!

 The demolition of the church continues...they are being so careful with this.  I'm intrigued--I want to know what they're saving, what they're going to do with it, and what's going to eventually go up in this spot.



The interior is still beautiful!  What a shame to crush all this carefully molded and carved plaster and stone.





Look at this guy---what is he doing??  Seems a little dangerous to be dismantling the steeple from the middle.  I'm keeping my eye on this one.


So not the point of tonight's post...but I had to share.  I wonder if these guys know what a stalker I am?

So today was a day of just enough.  I went to the store with someone and they came up $5 short.  I had no cash.  No wait...I do!  $5 in the ashtray of my car.  Just enough!

I sold a pretty pricey item online today.  I lost out on a job today.  The item didn't sell for quite what I would have made, but it definitely took the edge off my disappointment.  Just enough!

My day didn't go as planned, and I had to rearrange my schedule to fit some unexpected things in.  In the end, I got it all done and got everywhere on time, with not a moment to spare.  Just enough!

See how God works?  Some of us can't handle too much, so He gives us just enough.  I think that might be me.  Now to just stop wanting more--that may be a tough sell.  Hey, if I stop writing and get to bed within the next 25 minutes, I can get 7 hours of sleep rest.  According to what I've read, that's just enough for an adult.

I was on the phone talking to a friend up until a few minutes ago and my phone died.  I was really ready to get off the phone anyway, so it happened just in time.  You see where this is going, right?


As reported, I found a great skirt for 81 cents.  Here it is!


I thought I was looking pretty cute, but then I went to visit my mom.  Reality check!  She said, "Isn't it a little early for Halloween?"  Out of the mouths of the over-80 set.  I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: