Thursday, August 29, 2013

I did it!  I made it five days out of "uniform".  I took my daughter for a job interview, which turned into two interviews, which meant that I spent the whole day away from home when I had big plans to spend most of the day there...cleaning...organizing...figuring out what to do with all the clothes.  But my day didn't go as planned so I guess it's a good thing that I did not resort to the yoga pants and t-shirt, but opted for a cute dress instead. ( Of course I would have been a lot more comfortable in the uniform, so I was smart today and went back to the tried-and-true.  Today, I was ready for anything!)  We spent the down time between interviews at the nearby mall. We ended up getting manis, pedis and eyebrow threading which I swear was done with barbed wire.   And green tea YogenFruz.  I love anything green tea, as I have just finished off my third glass of the day.  My drink of choice at Starbucks is a green tea latte.  Green tea caramels are the absolute best, and yesterday it was time for frozen yogurt.  It got two big thumbs up!  After I dropped her off for interview #2, I decided to check out Savers (it was all I could afford after I left the mall!) and hit the jackpot with three pairs of shoes that actually fit me.  At eight dollars each, I thought I might wait until Labor Day when everything is 50% off, but like plus size clothing, it's equally hard to find vintage or thrift shoes for plus size feet.  In excellent condition, of course.  That's a non-negotiable, unless I plan to revamp the item, like remove something, or paint it--http://14thstreetvintage.blogspot.com/2013/06/paintfast-becoming-my-best-friend.html



I really want to paint the Liz Claiborne black booties that are sooooo comfortable, but I know I'll be wishing I hadn't done that when winter's here and I could have had that fall back pair of shoes available.  I also got a really nice pair of menswear-inspired Enzo Angiolini black lace up oxfords.  Last but not least, a pair of off-white t-strap pumps.  Did I forget to mention that all these shoes have "sensible" heels?  Right, so I will actually WEAR them.  Back to the white shoes, they're already figuring heavily into my go to church outfit for Sunday, one day before Labor Day.  I'll wear them once, then into the closet they will go until next year.  Speaking of my closet, there's actually no room in there, which is bad because there are a few things I'd like to add to it, like an orange skirt.  Don't ask me why, but I started "craving" an orange skirt and blue top just this evening.  I think it's because a friend posted a really pretty pink and green outfit today, which happens to be one of my favorite color combos.  Not sorority girl pink and green, but a nice vibrant kelly green and hot pink.  And so, as my mind works, I just naturally started thinking orange and blue.  Weird.  A trip to the fabric store is in order and I really have a feeling that I'm not letting this weekend go by without whipping up an orange skirt, even though I haven't sewn in YEARS.  I don't even know where the machine is, but I'm not above hand-stitching.  Don't laugh...wait 'til you see it!  And now, since I feel a hot flash coming on, I'm heading to the kitchen for some ice...to dump onto my bed.  Don't judge me!




No comments: