Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summer Nights

I hate that summer is ending.  Not because of the cold weather that's coming (although it's been a pretty chilly summer) because I really can't stand the heat anymore.  I always thought I'd move away from Chicago when my kids grew up because I was "SO TIRED" of the winters.  Now, I love the cold.  I have my own personal summer going on most of the time, so my body temp right now is about 180 degrees.  Can't wait for the cold!

What I'll miss is the late nights, staying up with my night owl children.  School has already started so we're up by 6:30 every day.  I got a reprieve today with a late start (noon) so we got one last late summer night in for good measure.  It's not unusual for us to pile into the car at midnight to make a milkshake run. I think this is a leftover from my childhood and those car rides in my pj's. I love that my kids still like to hang out with me.  That will certainly end as well.  I'll need to find some buddies that like to stay up late and go for milkshake runs.  Volunteers?  We can wear our pj's...just keep it decent.

Dressed and ready to go!

No comments: