Monday, August 12, 2013

On the road again??? Please, no!

As much as I love driving, I think I am officially tired of taking this particular drive.  I try to mix it up, taking 55 sometimes, 57 other times, but the three hour drive to Springfield, and the quick turnaround (of late) has worn on me to the point that I don't care to do it again.  It took three trips to bring all my daughter's stuff home, and most of it was clothes!  I made my last trip today, and filled up the car again.  My son got in some much needed road practice, but I couldn't relax because he is well, just 15 and learning to drive.  He's doing quite well, but still.  I pay more attention to the road when he's driving than when I'm behind the wheel.  This is stressful!  


    
         Doesn't matter which way I go...I've had my fill of trips to Springfield this year!

Today's trip wasn't without it's bright spots, of course.  In addition to my son, my sister came along for the ride, along with Gizmo and Pepper, the doggie cousins.  They were well behaved, but Pepper didn't want to leave the rest stop.  All that uncharted (unsniffed) territory was just too much to pull herself away from.  And I couldn't leave town without at least one thrift store stop--that just wouldn't be right.  But arguably the best part of the trip was listening to Bob Marley and the Wailers for nearly three hours straight.  Trust me, there was a lot of loud singing going on in that car, and it wasn't the CD player.

It's time for a new adventure, and my kids are trying to talk me into driving to Texas.  I'm planning to go, but no one said anything about driving.  He figures he can help but at this point, his driving is not helpful, as mentioned above.  It's not like I can get some sleep while he drives, so no, I don't think I'll be driving to Texas this year.  I told them to start saving their money so we can fly.  

I'm planning a full day of picture taking tomorrow, with a huge lot of vintage clothing to go through, a mid-century wood slat bench and a surprise for my niece now that I have figured out what to give her for her birthday.  I have to really get creative with the kid who has nearly everything.  A gift card or money is so not me.  I like to put thought, effort and creativity into my gift giving.  I think this one is going to be a winner!  I'm looking forward to a super creative day, and if I can help it, no driving.  My car and my body need a rest.  



No comments: