Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Eating My Carrots, Day One.

As promised, I ate carrots today.  I must say, they were delicious!  I took out the foolproof blue speckled roaster and threw in the following:

Chicken thighs (the juiciest piece!)
Cabbage
Carrots
One huge potato, skin on
Onions
Tomatilloes
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Herbs d'Provence
Parsley (tons of it)
Green tea





Baked at 350, covered, I could let it go for two hours.  I turned it off and let it sit for another hour.  
It was SO good.  We all had thirds.  The pot is clean.  


The artificial light does nothing for the picture, but trust me on this one...it was great and will probably be back on the menu before the week is out.  I have tons of carrots as we all know.  I keep onions.  I have more tomatilloes (first time buying these cute and yummy little green monsters), more chicken, more potatoes...but no more cabbage.  Not sure if that will be a deal breaker.  Stay tuned!

I entered my daughter on the "Thrift Store Runway", wearing this outfit, which cost less than $30 total, including the gorgeous red jacket, shoes and that laptop bag!  What do you think?  Is this a winner?




This dreary day did nothing for my mood, and the cold dampness did nothing for my respiratory system.  Here it comes!  Time for the flu shot.  All I can say is, at least it's not hot, and it won't last.  I mean, not forever.  I figure in another six months, I'll be complaining about being too hot again.





No comments: