Monday, October 14, 2013

The Little Things.

I visited the library today...twice.  I spent some time waiting for my daughter while she made some business-related stops at two Chicago libraries.  Not the big, downtown library, or the branches in any of the "better" neighborhoods, but inner city, Southside libraries.  If you don't get to the library often, it is really easy to forget how amazing, enjoyable, peaceful and exciting it is to be surrounded by books.  I remarked to my daughter that some people, people who know nothing about Chicago except the violence reported in the media, might be surprised at how busy these neighborhood libraries were in the middle of a Monday afternoon.  Everyone seemed so happy in their own little worlds, and I enjoyed taking all of it in as much as I enjoyed the book I was reading.

I don't like carrots, but is any color happier than orange?  Someone shared a bunch of carrots with me, not realizing that I don't eat them.  They will be dipped in hummus, shredded into a carrot cake and cooked with green peas before the week is out.  Imma make it do what it do!



I got my daughter to indulge me in another photo shoot.  I found this amazing 1940's fringe dress and ostrich-trimmed coat at an estate sale this summer.  Fun!




My lucite bar cart has been a labor of love.  Okay, that's a bit dramatic, but it did take a while to get it cleaned up.  I found it in a sorry state.  Now, I want to keep it, but I don't live a bar cart lifestyle.  Maybe one day I'll lead the glamorous life.  I certainly know where to find the good stuff!





No comments: