Friday, October 4, 2013

Sixteen Candles...times three...and add a few more...



                                                                                 
                                                                                 

Yep, tomorrow's my birthday and there's no cutesy way to say it.  No song, no movie, no book.  Nothing catchy like We're Number 1, Two's Company, Three's a Crowd, Lucky 7, Love Potion Number 9, Thirteen going on 30, or Sweet 16.  Just 53.  That's not going to work.  Google is fun because you can put any random thing into the search bar and come up with something.  Turns out that 53 is not just any old number:

53 is the name of an app for your iPad.  Cool techy design stuff.


5/3 Bank came up.  Maybe I should stop by there tomorrow for a birthday freebie. 


According to the Julian calendar, 53 was the Year of the Consulship of Silanus and Antonius.  I'm not even going to pretend I know what that means.


There's route 53 and the 53 bus.  And We Are The 53%.


I found Isaiah 53:  "He was wounded for our transgressions..."


Press 53 is a website for poets and short story writers. 


The oddest thing I found?  53 Days Until Kendall Jenner Turns 18.  I kid you not.  Apparently there's a countdown to when the next to the youngest Kardashian girl becomes "legal".  There's much speculation on what her immediate future holds in store, but let's just say the general public doesn't have high hopes of her becoming a doctor, lawyer, or any profession other than "Celebrity".  


Most importantly, it's a great number because for the next 12 months, it'll be MY number.  Proof of just how long I've been blessed to be here.  Even with all the craziness going on, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  It's a beautiful world!  It's funny that I was exactly half my current age when I realized I would never lie about it: http://14thstreetvintage.blogspot.com/2013/06/forever-young.html


No big plans, and there never are.  I keep saying "next year", but I think that as soon as I'm able, I'm going to take that solo trip that I've always wanted.  And I will say it's my birthday even if it isn't. This time it's just hanging out with my kids.  Maybe a museum I've been meaning to visit.  Maybe a movie.  Definitely some ice cream.  I'll take pictures!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoOuTSBAWWA

No comments: