Sunday, February 9, 2014

Yellow Daisies vs. Blue Plaid: The Battle is On!

I am officially SICK and TIRED of winter!  I'm from Chicago, so I am completely used to the cold, wind and snow.  I laughed at the tiny dusting of snow in Atlanta, that sent the city into a tailspin.  But I'm not laughing anymore.  With predictions of sub zero weather again tomorrow, I am trying to think of ways not to leave the house.  They can't close the schools again...we've already had four "bad weather" days, which is more than I think my kids have had in the past 15 years.  

I am thinking Spring!  I even have my Easter outfit picked out.  I went to Unique last Monday and took this dress off the rack.  Put it back.  Picked it up again.  I did this 3 or 4 times, finally deciding that this would end up being one of those times that I'd wish I'd bought it, and end up regretting it for the next several months.  Or, as in the case of the vintage wicker dress form that I passed up in college, several decades.  (I'm still waiting for that opportunity to present itself again.)  So, at $5.99, with 50% off, I gave up the three bucks and brought this cutie home:

The yellow t-shirt was already on Gertrude. Not in the plans for the big day.

The color is yellow.  That takes care of that.  But I wasn't sure about this.  I knew that I loved the print immediately.  What's not to like?  I also loved the cocoon-style top.  The rhinestone trim looks a little cheapy, so I may remove it.  The skirt?  I think it's too long, but that may depend on the shoes, which as you may know, offers me just a few choices.  Low heels, sensible heels, kitten heels... Nikes.  My knees mock my efforts to be fashionable.  I am a little worried about this being "frumpy".  I can't pull off the vintage/dowdy/old-fashioned turned high-fashion all the time.  The shoe limitations contribute greatly to this phenomenon, so I will be looking at a LOT of shoes over the next two months.  I'm feeling--hopeful (insert emoticon)!

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
AND, on the chance (I won't even say outside chance) that the weather does not cooperate, (as in Warm UP), then I may be in this vintage Pendleton wool suit.  I really don't want to be in this vintage Pendleton wool suit.  I don't want to be anywhere near wool, for a few reasons.  I don't want to be in a suit (I hate suits). I don't want to be in long sleeves.  And I don't want to iron the darn thing.  





Stay wrinkly, my friend, 'cause I don't want to wear you anyway.

No comments: