Monday, March 23, 2015

Let's Dance!

I still remember when David Bowie's super danceable hit came out in the 80's.  It admonished everyone to "put on their red shoes" and DANCE!  I was in college, and on the weekends I spent a lot of time in the dance clubs in and out of Chicago.  When this song came out, all of my dancing friends and I  were scrambling to find a pair of hot red shoes.  Red shoes never go out of style, and I always need them.  They go with nearly everything. It's been quite a few years since I had a pair of red shoes, aside from the pair of red suede loafers that I own.  I've been perusing the internet looking for a pair for about three months now, with no luck in finding a pair with a heel that I can handle.  

I was bored yesterday, having shuttled my son to three soccer games between Saturday and Sunday, only to have him fall ill on the way home from the last game.  We were in for the day so I decided to put my car in the garage.  On the way out, I found one stray black shoe.  I was pretty sure I'd seen the mate in my daughter's room, so I brought it in and got this idea that I had enough black shoes.  I decided to paint them red.  

You may know that I'm no stranger to painting leather.  I tried it here, and here, and here!  I consider myself a pro now.  I also know that no matter how bad a painted leather piece may look, it always looks much better the next day.  Today was no exception.  I was pretty satisfied with my shoes last night, but a full day later, the paint has "set" into the grain of the leather, and I think these Liz Claiborne pumps (that had really seen their best days) have a new lease on life!  If it hadn't snowed today, I'd be wearing them outside.  


I really do make something every day!

                            Just read the linked blog posts for step-by-step instructions!
These are too cute!!!


No comments: