Monday, June 16, 2014

Thrifted, Found, Lucked up on...

Perhaps unwisely, I've been dividing my time between indoor and outdoor projects, with quite a bit of thrifting and selling in between.  Per my recent posts, I've been working on some gardening projects (including planting strawberries tonight after I finish this post. I took a four hour nap and I'm wide awake at 11pm), some home decor projects and some fashion projects.  

I found time over the weekend to attend a music awards show and I had a great time.  It was a rare chance for me to get dressed up and out on a Friday night.  Saturday found me in the yard adding some potted begonias to the mix and planting a few perennials.  There is still so much to do!  I'm working on one bed at a time.  I have a total of four.  Anticipating the work I have to put in doesn't concern me nearly as much as the money!  I did find a great deal at a local greenhouse and got three humongous hanging pots for $35.  That added some real drama to the front of the house.  I'm hoping that sale goes on for awhile because I need about six more.  Sounds tacky you say?  You know me better than that!  Imma make it do what it do...you'll see!

I did say that I had done some thrifting didn't I?  I'm still getting you caught up on my fabulous finds from the last few weeks, and still I added a few "new" things this week.  Most importantly, I found shoes.  


                                       Things I thrifted, found, lucked up on...
I picked this up and put it down a few times at the Free Store.  Ultimately, it left with me.
Mikasa 22K gold trimmed china dish.  I kinda have a thing for leaves.

To further make my point that sizes mean NOTHING, especially when you are dealing
with vintage clothing--this dress is tagged "size 11".  It's more like a 4-6.  Seriously.
But that color!  I washed it, as I often do with vintage clothing that says "dry clean only".
The fabric lost some stiffness, but other than that it's fine.  The lighter color peeking out
at the cuffs is the lining, which wasn't showing before I washed it.  I think it's a nice
addition.  From OOPS! to AHHH!

My niece left this cute headband in my car.  It looks amazing on this straw purse.
Thanks, Khylah!

Latest addition to my sensible shoe collection.  Denim floral pumps with a 2 inch heel
I can handle that.  They are quite comfortable and quite cute!  

Thrifted this 30 inch square painting on canvas for $5.  Come on...somebody up there
really likes me.






No comments: