Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Off The Wagon...Again.

It's been a full week since I posted.  That is BAD!  A year ago I started out blogging every day, and now it's "thinned out" to a couple of posts a week, or less.  It's not that I don't have anything to say, I've just been too busy to say it.  I helped out and "shopped" the Free Store on Saturday and found some amazing things.  I have put my kids on notice that they are participating in a photo shoot tomorrow.  As with so much of what I find, it doesn't fit me so that's when the kids and the dummy step in.  Can't wait!  This was supposed to happen two days ago but that time thing just keeps getting in the way.  

Of course no week would be complete without squeezing in at least one project.  I watched a friend's five year old all week last week, and we decided to decorate a pair of wooden shoes for my garden:  
  

 I also finally got around to cleaning up this vintage bar cart.  There were many layers of dirt and sticky stuff on it.  It's a gleaming beauty now and I still can't figure out where to put it.

I found Ralph Lauren flats that are comfortable enough to earn the title "new bff".  $7 at SA.

And the ever-elusive bowling pin.  I've been looking for one for a very long time.  My son thought it was cool and snagged it for his room.  That is a first. 

I hung my cowboys over the stove to help me "rustle up" some grub.  No?  How about "wrangle" some vittles?  Umm....maybe they can just hold the potholders and oven mitts.  

So although I haven't been writing, I have been creating, rearranging, and reimagining.  I even got a good start on the yard.  So many projects, so little time.  But I really do have to get back on the wagon.  




No comments: