Saturday, January 31, 2015

Have Phone, Will....Take Pictures.

I haven't been blogging much, but I have been busy.  I woke up the other morning and looked out at some beautiful color in the sky.  I hadn't seen the early morning sun in a long time.  It seems like it's dark, then it's gray, then it's light...or winter's version of light.  During my brief stint in my apartment, I took quite a few striking photos when I set my alarm clock to get up early, for the sole purpose of taking some pictures. This time was random and accidental.  I grabbed my cellphone and snapped this before going into the kitchen to turn on the teapot:

Even through the screen, the sky and matching school bus thing was pretty amazing.  

Later, the result of my constant arranging and rearranging things, I caught the sun just bright enough to make my bowl of cuties look absolutely lovely.  I'm a little hooked on these tiny things, but I can't eat them cold.  This is my ration for the day, on the counter "warming up".  



They deserved a closer look.  Know what this makes me think of?  How badly I want an orange dress.  Food, decor, fashion.  They stay tied together in my mind. 



A little project I started back in October is finally complete.  I had nothing hanging on the wall over my bed, and with people coming over, I decided to hang the black and the white frame.  One nail each.  That was easy.  It never looked right because it wasn't wide enough for the headboard.  Enter the big brown one, one more nail, and I'm happy with the result.  I always hang something lightweight on this wall in every bedroom.  I just feel safer...It took me five minutes to do this but three months to get started.  Yes, I am a procrastinator.


I forgot my fisherman on the ledge outside.  What was he doing out there?  It's a long story, but suffice it to say that I had an idea.  I changed my mind.  I left the little guy outdoors.  As I was backing out of the driveway I saw him.  I didn't have time to stop for him, but I assumed he'd be there when I got back, and he was.  I bought this thing years ago at one of those souvenir shops that are about a mile away from every big attraction.  I think this was near Starved Rock State Park.  "Big John's Souvenirs".  Or was it "Big Chief's Trading Post"?  I really don't know, but you get the idea.  I've loved those places since I was a kid.  The Gorton's Fisherman really didn't fit in with anything else that was there and that may be why I was drawn to it.  That, or the cool yellow raincoat.  



By leaving the fisherman outside, I was able to make my doctor's appointment on time.  On the way home I stopped at one of my favorite thrift stores "just too look" and found this (I did NOT buy it) amazing trunk/portable bedroom.  It was drawers, hangers and spots for just about anything clothes related.  Where was this gem when I was trying to find space for the overload of clothing we have?  Instead I got a boring old dresser.  This would have been so much more fun.  It closes up to look just like any other vaudeville trunk.  I took a picture for posterity.  And to share. 


And just like it started, the day ended with color and light.  I ran out of light bulbs, so I put one of the stained glass bulbs from Christmas in my living room lamp.  Beautiful and moody, it's a definite keeper.  



Having a cell phone is like never having to remember or describe anything.  You just take pictures.  

No comments: