Sunday, December 13, 2015

Happy Holidays!





I've fallen completely off the wagon and can no longer consider myself a blogger...I'm just someone who likes to write sometimes and I'm okay with that!  October 29 was my last post...

I've been too busy to write.  That's a good and a bad thing.  Since this is something that I do because I enjoy it, it's absolutely awful that I don't make time for it.  On the flip side, I have been busy doing other things that I enjoy and while I really want to tell my readers about it, I can't seem to get around to it.  I'm not going to do one of my "catch up" posts because that would be about 10 pages and I accept that I'm not clever enough to keep anyone's attention for 10 pages.  Rather, I promise (to myself) that I'll write a lot during these final two weeks leading up to Christmas, and after that we'll just see.  

What have I been doing, you ask?  (Did you ask?)  I have been travelling a little, working on my music management business and opening a holiday pop-up shop.  My brother told me today that I have too many hobbies and need to try turning one of them into a business.  SIDE EYE!  A small business is still a business.  Two tiny ones qualify as well.  I think he means that I need to focus on one thing but that would be extremely difficult for me, and not nearly as much fun. 

The pop up is gorgeous!



But that's just one woman's opinion.  One very important woman...I'm loving it.  Business has been slow, but I'm enjoying it as a workspace as well.  I have a huge table in the back and I use it for everything from checking emails, packing, wrapping and mailing, crafts, fixing broken ornaments to making fresh batches of Foot Beer.  I'm going to miss this little pop up when it's gone...it's clean, the bathroom is clean, bright and highly functional (you may recall that the space I rented/shared last year had a modified furnace room with a big laundry tub and a toilet that didn't work most of the time.)  It's all mine and I don't have to deal with the workplace bullies and worse.  Worth every penny.

I've done a wee bit of travelling, including a one-night trip to Memphis.  The weather was amazingly warm for December, and I was there long enough to know that I want to go back.  

There was this limo ride:
I'm not so sure that I believe the whole "lonely at the top" bit.
I was all alone in this little slice of luxury and I wasn't lonely
at all.  
So it's 2:40a and I think it's time to start the bedtime ritual.  Happy Holidays to all and I'll be back soon, I promise.  Let's count this thing down together!

No comments: