Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Another Late Night Post!

It's getting worse.  It's after 3:30a and I'm still up!  The internet is a really dangerous thing for a person who actually needs to sleep.  

Just when I was about to scold myself for getting absolutely nothing done in terms of holiday projects, I remembered that I did find a nice branch in the back yard and painted it silver.  Big deal.  Big Deal!  I needed it to display ornaments in the shop, so I will allow myself this small win.  While the silver spray paint was out, I painted a vintage wooden bench.  I can't wait to see it in the daylight.  It crossed my mind a few days ago, but I said absolutely not.  Not on a country style bench with heart cut-outs in each end.  Too much mixing of styles...no way this is going to work.  BUT, I couldn't stop thinking about it.  And I was in the garage.  And the paint can was in my hand.  Pictures tomorrow.  I really was painting at night in a dimly lit garage.  This should be interesting.

I also made a trip to the city at 10p to pick up a couple of glass topped end tables that my niece "rescued" for me several months ago.  Nothing special about the style, but the glass tops are hinged and boy oh boy, the things that I can put in there.  I dropped them off at the store, just so they'll be there and ready for me tomorrow.  I have my work cut out for me, as they need a little repair, a lot of cleaning, and a place to be.  I'm pretty confident that I will make good use of them.

Add to that an evening meeting/reception that I actually put on "real" pants for, filing the papers and mail that was piling up on the dining room table, picking up yet another official birth certificate (I'm sure there are about 10 of them somewhere around here), and doing laundry, which I do every day, and I'd say that it was a productive day.  Had I not overslept until 10a, I would probably be in bed by now.  That said, I'm on my way.  I'll be up in less than 3 hours...

Another really bad health habit that I need to break.  I'm trying.  

Happy, Healthy, Holidays!

How can you tell that a Christmas tree is nervous?
It's on "pines and needles" all the time!



No comments: