Sunday, June 26, 2016

Bringing the Color Back



Getting back to myself means letting my wacky ideas take hold.  Case in point:  I have this little lunchbox that is the cutest combination of bright color and pattern.  My niece gave me a ton of shirts after she lost a ton of weight and I always gravitate towards tshirtish tops. When I saw this one in black and green, I had an idea.  Not only did I have the idea, it's been in my plans to actually do it for about a month now.  Finally today, all the components met with the opportunity, and I used my awesome lunch box for my Sunday fashion inspiration.



I think this is hilarious, and since I rarely take myself seriously, you can expect more of my brand of silliness.  But it is a cute outfit too, right?  I would absolutely wear this, sans the lunchbox.  

I actually pinned my staff photographer daughter down this week!  She obliged me even though she had papers to reread and rewrite, and repeat.  She does this with every assignment--revising until 11:59p when the paper is due at midnight.  I hope to get her again next Sunday so I can get back to my Super Sunday outfits.  In the meantime, I made some pretty things happen:


These flowers and this vase found each other this week and I was so happy with the result that I filled it again later in the week and gave it away!


These grilling shrimp and my new grill found each other too.  Mmmmmmmmmm......how many mmmmmmmmm's can I type?

A very nice customer gave this Jayne Mansfield hot water bottle to me.  But I wouldn't suggest putting hot water into this plastic bottle.  Put something drinkable in it.  After you buy it of course.  From me...For now, she inhabits my vintage peacock chair.  

And a busy week is ahead, as I close up my pop-up store after seven months (5 months longer than planned).  My store is beautiful, but with so much going on right now, I have to let it go in order to keep my sanity.  I'll be back though, maybe not bigger, but definitely better!  Here's to a great summer, full of shopping, fashion, writing, DIY and most of all, color!

No comments: