Sunday, July 6, 2014

Style Challenge, Tea Party Style.

 What did I get myself into?  I chose the style challenge this week, and because I have a bridal shower to attend this month with a "Tea Party" theme, I decided that my fellow Thriftanistas could assist me in finding a look, via the weekly challenge.  For my part, I woke up on Saturday with an idea of what I would wear, then couldn't find my white skirt.  Not much of an outfit without that, so I had to improvise.  Nothing new there...


#TSC Style!
 I found this skirt at Unique for about two dollars a month ago  and I loved it, but wasn't surprised that I didn't really like it on.  I'm glad I gave it another chance because when I paired it with this sheer wrap top from WalMart, even I was happy with the outcome.  The shoes are Guess, and the ankle strap was missing from one of them, so I took the other off.  These are not sensible shoes, so they are for picture-taking purposes only.  The bag is a cute clutch that isn't vintage, even though it says so. 

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful...LOL.  HAD to buy this bracelet!
Lucky for me it was $1 at the thrift store!
I'm not sure if this is the look I'll be wearing to the shower, but I'm definitely loving it. Maybe next Sunday...speaking of which...


 I thrifted this split skirt (or in the vernacular of Thriftanista in the City, culottes) for Syd a couple of years ago.  Fun fact:  She was wearing it while working at the State Capitol last year and was stopped by the Capitol fashion blogger.  I'm not sure who got the biggest surprise.  The blogger-- that the skirt cost just $2, or my daughter-- that Illinois has a Capitol fashion blog.  I've been there and Springfield, Illinois isn't the most fashionable spot.  Just sayin'...

Back to the outfit, sorry!  I thrifted the neon Hollister crop top for .33 last week (that's thirty-three cents for those of you who don't trust your eyes), and the sweater was thrifted as well.  I don't even remember when or where, but trust that it cost no more than $2.  The shoes are retail from Bergner's, clearanced at $10, and the bracelets and shades are from the ever-growing collection.  I'm thinking of making a wall hanging out of bracelets.  Storage space is at a premium.


And of course I had to get in on the act.  Hey, it's Sunday and you know I roll sharp to church!  I bought the dress a year or so ago at Kohl's and it's one of my favorites.  I've worn it a lot!  Bracelets, bag, you already know and I had to take the shades from Syd because we were so bright today we were blinding each other.  The leather clutch is from a swap and it never disappoints.  It's tan, but just orange enough to pop against pretty much everything AND it's buttery soft.  I even put on the dreaded "button" earrings, every round-faced girls nightmare, but I made my peace with them some time ago.  I'm not missing out on all that colorful vintage bling.  (The painted shoes keep surfacing.  Isn't it interesting that no matter how much you have in your closet, a few items just keep jumping out in front?)

Tomorrow it's back to work and back to sensible everything.  BUT, there's always another style challenge.  I can't wait to see what next weekend will bring!




No comments: